Monday 1 August 2011

Mercury, gimme a break yeah?!

Apparently the lovely planet Mercury is in retrograde, and while I'm not a great follower of the planet and stars, it's true that whenever that darn planet does its retrograde thing a lot in my life goes haywire: Things keep going wrong, everything suddenly gets complicated, I become an emotional mess and feel the great urge to hide in a room for a week surrounded by chocolate.

So, I'm in Holland and it's lovely to see everyone, my parents, my brother, old friends. But the first 2-3 nights Dylan decides to break his lovely habit of sleeping 10 hrs straight in favour of waking up every 1-2 hrs. By the 3rd day I was so wrecked that I kept crying whenever someone spoke to me and I wailed at Andy: 'we have to go home, I can't do this! I keep getting RA flare ups, am a complete physical wreck and now I am not getting any sleep either!'

Then I calmed down, looked at baby animals in Amsterdam Zoo (Artis), and felt a tad bit better (though a horrible man screamed at me, he thought I was jumping the queue, which I wasn't, so I cried again!). There were a baby lion, a baby elephant and a baby gorilla in the zoo. Baby animals do make a lot in life better, I think.

Then, I took some practical measures to improve the sleeping situation for Dylan and luckily, last night, he slept like his good old self, though I still kept waking up anyway, but it was a different kind of disturbance then having Dylan need me every 2 hrs.

So, today, I feel more rested, and a bit better, though Mercury keeps f*cking with me. And I'm totally trying to find my inner zen about it all, but at the moment chocolate works better than zen. Or rather: I am able to access chocolate more easily than zen.

Here are some fun pics from being here so far:

Me and my bro:



Me, my bro and the most magical man in the world:



Dylan & Daddy in Artis (Dylan 2 weeks away from being 2 years old!)



Dylbee look at the 'rhaa rhaa' (Lion) he's tiny, you prob can't see him:



Baby lion! (Squee)



Dylan is loving his 'Obaa' (in Dutch: Grandpa = Opa, but he keeps saying: 'Obaa' ha ha). Every morning he wakes up and the first thing he says is: 'Obaa?'. Ha ha. Haven't taken pics of them together yet but will do and will film as well. :)

I've been reading the 'Fallen Series' by Lauren Kate and really liked the 3 books. (It's official, I am a teenager, forever it seems. I like reading Harry Potter, Twilight (sshhh!) and now the Fallen series, all categorised in the 'children's' section. Ha ha.) Oh well. Would it helps if I told you I also downloaded a copy of 'Pride and Prejudice' to my iPhone? There, a bit of Austen sophistication should help! ;) Now, I'm annoyed though as I have to wait until early 2012 for the 4th book in the series. Meh, not happy!

It's funny, how since I downloaded the iBook app to my phone I read about a book a week, it's just so convenient having the books on my phone, I looooove it. I'm a total tech lover that way. Sure, I love real books, the feel of them and all, but it doesn't beat the convenience of having everything nicely packed up in my little iPhone. :) Anyhoo.

Here is some of my latest digital art that I hadn't posted yet (Title: "It's Raining Flowers - Hallelujah"):

It's Raining Flowers - Hallelujah :)


So, for the rest of the week I shall continue to meet up with friends, spend time with my family and try like hell to avoid more of the wrath of mercury by hiding my head in chocolate. Love to all! xooxox





Digital Dreams is now available to pre-order on DVD or buy access to the self study group for a lower fee.

Digital Dreams

Now available on Self Study

(DVD available end of August 2011 - pre-order NOW!)



I am now offering 2 options.

PLEASE NOTE: PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS SUPPORT IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE SELF STUDY AND DVD EDITION YOU WILL NEED A VERSION OF PHOTOSHOP CS TO TAKE THIS COURSE.

You can either buy a


1. Self study version only (cheaper) and not receive a DVD - (£33 GBP - approx $56 USD)

or

2. Purchase a self study option AND a DVD (£40 GBP - approx $65 USD).

(Please note: The DVDs aren't currently ready yet, but I'll have them available in about 3 weeks time - approx end of August 2011. So you can pre-order the DVD now or just purchase access to the self study group. )

Digital Dreams - Choose Your Product







Preparations for the biggest course EVAR have begun. Registration will start in October. Keep watching this space. "Life Book - an honouring and celebration of YOU!" is coming soon to a server near you! :D

LifeBook!




And don't forget, if you want to win any of 7 amazing prizes, do leave a comment HERE, or HERE. :)





And remember that I always have special offers on offer for those who want to buy more than 1 of my courses, check them out here.



8 comments:

  1. Astrology changes and hormones..........what a combination!
    Keep your chin up lovely Tam. Maybe Dylan is preparing you for the arrival of bambino no.2. He he he.
    Now that Dylan is sleeping more I hope things start to get better. May the rest of your holiday be fabuloso (fabulous). Big hugs, Kyles :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that Mercury is messing with you. Don't worry it won't last forever. :) I see you have the same taste in books as I do except the Harry Potter. :)YOu might want to check out the Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead and House of Night saga by P.C. Cast. :) Have fun in Holland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it's mostly been a lovely vacation and it's about to get better now that your baby is sleeping normally. Best wishes to you always, Tam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of the RA flares Tam! They are a sod! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate times like that - but to normalize, we all have 'em. And Chocolate might actually be a zen practice. :) I hope you are able to enjoy your vacation. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tam, I'm sorry Mercury is wreaking havoc. Frequent doses of lovely chocolate is difinitely a good way to straighten out the planets! I just had a bite of extra dark myself! Hang in there, things are bound to smooth out. Your vacation photos are wonderful - love the tiny lion! Hope you are feeling better by the time you read this.
    Hugs, Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tam! Nice seeing you are in our beautiful little country Holland ;)
    Have fun with your family and friends and enjoye your stay!
    And by the way...you look like your brother!
    Regards, Renée

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tam lovely post Dylan is so yummy. Being preggers and having sleepless nights and emotional out bursts is all so difficult (and tiring) I hope your feeling a lot better. The zoo looks amazing and baby animals is so much fun! I hope you get to have the best time with family & friends on your visit home. The courses look super BTW I may well have to look at the books your reading, I am also waiting for the third book to be sent to me in a teen series called The Iron Queen by Julie Kawaga it's a series of books about fairies and I love it also a twilight fan HP but I have also read lots of grown up books too ha ha

    Oh Just one thing I took the digital course recently. I missed the last two lessons I didn't get to down load them and so I am missing them. Any chance of getting access so the last PDFs and Videos? I hope so I really enjoyed the course very much.

    Enjoy the break and hope to see you soon

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me. I appreciate you! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...